Among the great points you can get from the PIXMA iP8720 is its amazing functionality. There are so many features that actually apply to printers, such as Wi-Fi, PictBridge, My Image Garden, Canon Creative Park, six specialty cartridges, & much more. Each has a different function that can enable you to develop best quality prints in less complex & less complex ways. So after that, it’s no surprise that your printing job can be a very nice thing to do.
The settings of PIXMA iP8720 are very simple & uncomplicated. A lot of six ink cartridges, wait a few minutes for the printer to be primed, & install the software (you can install drivers only, if you do not need the software). We use USB links during our tests, but we usually have no problem installing Canon printers over Wi-Fi. Actually, if you have a wireless router that supports Wi-Fi Protected Gain (WPA) access, you can easily set up the printer on the network by pressing the Wi-Fi / WPA button above on the front. It also supports Apple AirPrint as well as Google Cloud Print for wireless printing (across networks), or through Canon’s iOS & android printing apps.
Then, the other things that the Canon PIXMA iP8720 offers to you are the budget-friendly fare that anyone can get easily with $ 300. So, you do not have to break up your savings account in order to have this great printer.
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Compatibility Operating System:
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Printer Wireless Setup on WindowsFor some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, & double-click the Printers or Printers & Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon & click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Printer Wireless Setup on MacSetting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver & follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port & turn it on.
- Open Print & Fax & click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 & make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model & click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, & then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list & click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
How to Setup Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA iP8720Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button & your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press & hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power & Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power & Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing & remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press & hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page & it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Printer Driver Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 32/64-bit) Ver. 5.75 ~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series Printer Driver (Windows 32/64-bit) Ver. 1.01~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows) Ver. 1.1 ~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X) Ver.1.3 ~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X) Ver 188.8.131.52 ~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive) Ver. 4.10 ~ Download
- PIXMA IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file) Ver. 4.10 ~ Download
- PIXMA iP8700 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive) Ver. 4.10 ~ Download